Thursday, November 8, 2007

Quick Hit Thoughts

"right a new blog you mother******"

As was pointed out to me by a good friend with poor grammar, it's been a while since my last post. I apologize for the hiatus, but a trip to Florida and a hectic week and a half kept me away from the blog. I'll skip this weeks Monday Night QB and just give some quick hit thoughts for the week.

Penguins
The maddeningly inconsistent Pens were out in full force during my hiatus. Blow a few 2 goal leads, crush the Devils, then play a pair of snoozers. Michel Therrien further proved he has a man crush on Dany Sabourin by continuously starting him, then throwing Marc Andre back in after getting cold from all the time off. Thank God Recchi and Roberts signed 1 year deals. Age caught up to both at exactly the same time. I'm sure Shero regrets the decision to bring both back immensely. Sid is still a beast, but dear Lord someone needs to help him out. I'm too frustrated to say much more than that.

Steelers
Well, I still hate the Ravens. Nothing like talking a ton of trash while getting slaughtered on the field. I'm sure it was sweet vindication for the men in black after last season's embarrassments. I'll cover it more in my pre-game post, but the Browns are over-hyped. They've beaten bottom of the barrel opponents. Reality will smack them hard upside the head this weekend.

Penn State
I didn't get to see the game. They beat a team they should beat. I wish JoePa wasn't loyal to a fault. it's time to end the Morrelli era and bring in Clark or Devlin and get whoever ready for next year. It should be Devlin, but I'm betting on Clark. Unfortunately it will never happen. In the meantime we get to suffer through the end of this era. They better beat the hell out of Temple.

Sorry for the brevity of the post, but it's late and I have a long weekend ahead of me. Stay tuned, updates should be forthcoming soon.

No comments: