Saturday, October 27, 2007

PSU / Pens Recap

Well hat a shitty night tonight was. Unfortunately... of maybe fortunately I was stuck at work, so I didn't get to devote all of my attention to the games, so expect better recaps in the future.

I'll start with Penn State. I really expected a better fight. Probably not a win, but not that. The second half was atrocious. As if it wasn't bad enough to watch, having to listen to Kirk Herbstreit slobber over the cock that is THE Ohio State University was terrible. I really wish they wouldn't let guys broadcast nationally syndicated games involving teams that they played for. I deal with it every year with Bob Griese and Michigan. I don't want to listen to your clear bias towards the other team. When Todd Blackledge covers PSU games, at least he has the stones to tell it like it is. Anyways, the defense looked terrible, and I think everyone is ready for the Morelli era to end. Even if I can't directly fault him, I'm still going to blame it on Jay Paterno. Man do I hate him.

Then to the Pens. Nothing caps a dramatic comeback from three down like laying a goose egg in the shootout. That said, I've been moderately impressed with Danny Sabourin. He doesn't exactly have a stout defense playing in front of him, and he held up pretty well, and cleaned up a shaky start, even playing lights out in the shootout. I criticized the decision to bring him in, but I'm warming up to him slowly. To the defense, what a mess. good thing we only picked up Sydor this off season right? Hannan would look good at any price tag on the blue line. I'm so sick of Gonchar and Gonchar Jr. (Whitney), dogging it in their own zone. Therrien needs to lay the hammer down on those two. Nice to see Kennedy get called up, I wish I woould have gotten to watch him more closely. That all being said, on the bright side we stole a point we didn't deserve. I guess I'll take it.

My top 25 picks sucked, but I love it when Florida and USC lose in the same night. All in all, it was a garbage night for sports. the Steelers better not let me down tomorrow. Check in for Pre and Post game posts.

At least this picture made me laugh today...

No comments: